For those eager to get started with mono right out of the box, there is monoKiosk, an appmarket with eight free apps to install right away. MonoKiosk will work as a platform for developers to upload and share their apps with the world.
Mono is portable, wearable and connectable and comes with a long-life battery and a touch display. Additional sensors and wireless options are available, and it is apparently very easy to program. The Mono is intended for "Makers" who like building and tinkering with things, so it will be up to them to figure out how the device will ultimately be used but some intended applications include:
- Weather: Display online weather data for today and tomorrow
- Agenda: Synchronized calendar feed
- Accelerate: Sense, monitor and record Mono’s movement
- Alarm Clock: Let Mono wake you up in the morning or use it as a timer
- Chronos: A beautiful wall or wristwatch
- Temperature: Monitor ambient temperature and get notifications on your phone
- Hue Remote: One-click control of your Philips Hue lights
- Next Ride: Display the next train or bus arriving at your closest station or bus stop
The device can be pre-ordered on Kickstarter at a cost of $79 (early bird discount $69) and will be available Q2 2015. The RRP will be around 20% higher.
Subscribe to our newsletter and you’ll receive product updates as well as the latest IOT news delivered straight to your inbox.